What Is the Rhino Shield® Ceramic Coating System?
Rhino Shield® vs. Paint
Rhino Shield® is made from better ingredients, which makes it superior to traditional paint. According to your local painting contractors:
- Traditional exterior paint is typically over 60% water (as % of solids by weight). In contrast, Rhino Shield is almost 80% solids, which is why it lasts so long.
- Our ceramic microspheres replace traditional paint fillers such as chalk. These tightly packed microspheres provide an insulating barrier against heat, ultraviolet (UV) rays and coating breakdown.
- Rhino Shield dries 8-10 times thicker than traditional paint due its large percentage of solids, offering greater protection and insulation benefits than traditional paint.
- Rhino Shield contains an EPA-registered, three-part mold, mildew and algae additive, preventing the growth of these unsightly microbes.
Rhino Shield’s elastomeric ceramic exterior wall coating systems are ideal for virtually any building substrate, including wood, stucco, HardiePlank®, brick and block. Rhino Shield latex-based products are eco-friendly and non-toxic, and applied with conventional professional painting equipment. All our products are manufactured in a state-of-the-art U.S. manufacturing facility with industry-leading quality controls to ensure consistent product quality. Our facility has been manufacturing premium coatings since 1964.
Rhino Shield takes coating innovation seriously. The company is constantly researching and continuously improving its product formulas to achieve the superior quality performance our customers have come to expect over the years. This has led to recent innovations, such as a super-breathable coating system for extreme northern climates (SPC/PFC). In addition, Rhino Shield recently launched a 10-year system called Ceramic One Coat™ – a self-priming ceramic paint. More cost-effective yet loaded with ceramics, COC has filled a need as a cost-effective coating solution. Rhino Shield continues to innovate to meet the unique needs of its worldwide customers.
- Adhesive Primer Sealer (APS)
- Durable Finish Coat (DFC)
- Self Priming Coat (SPC)
- Protective Finish Coat (PFC)
- Ceramic One Coat (COC) ™
- Ceramic Mid-Coat (CMC)
- Red-Iron Metal Primer (RMP)
- Nature’s Cote