If you’re selling your home, you’ll want it to look its best to attract more potential buyers. Investing in the right home upgrades can increase your property’s curb appeal.
In this post, one of the best painting contractors, Palmetto Ceramic Coatings, discusses curb appeal mistakes to avoid when selling a house.
1. Damaged Roof – Your roof can significantly affect your property’s curb appeal. A damaged roof means higher maintenance and repair costs for most buyers. Some will even try to ask for a lower price, and, at times, it instantly turns off others.
2. Cluttered Driveway – A car in the driveway can cause potential buyers to think you’re home, or you don’t have enough space to store it. They may assume that you have a crowded or small garage, which is why the vehicle is outside.
3. Outdated Exterior – All fixtures on your home’s exterior like the door, house numbers, mailboxes and light fixtures should be updated. Fixtures that look old or damaged can give buyers a bad impression.
4. Peeling Paint – It’s not only an eyesore, but it shows that you’re not doing a good job in preserving the house. A poor painting job is a common problem in many houses. Hire reliable exterior painters like Palmetto Ceramic Coatings for high-quality painting services.
5. Ornaments – Not everyone is fond of lawn decorations. Remove all personal possessions inside and outside the house as they can look unsightly to potential buyers.
6. Dead Plants – Never attempt to place fake flowers in your garden just to impress buyers. Remove all dead leaves and plants from the yard.
7. Too Much Landscaping – It’s best to stay on the safe and simple side when it comes to landscaping. Overdoing your lawn can come off as high maintenance to your prospects. Keep in mind that not everyone knows gardening so too many plants and foliage isn’t a good idea.
8. Bold Paint Colors – Your property shouldn’t stand out in the wrong way. While bold colors can make a statement, it isn’t recommended when you’re selling your home.
A quality exterior painting can greatly contribute to a property’s curb appeal. You can rely on Palmetto Ceramic Coatings if you need painters for outside of the house. Call us at (843) 284-9398, or complete our online form for a free estimate. We cater to homeowners in Greenville, SC.